Rail Week takes place from Monday 9 October to Sunday 15 October with the aim of bringing the rail industry in all its guises closer to schools, teachers, career advisors and students. The dedicated week of activity will help address the skills shortage in rail-related roles and inspire a generation of young people through a series of events, visits and talks.
Last year more than 70 companies and organisations joined together and delivered over 150 events across the country for the first ever Rail Week. And now we need your commitment and support to make Rail Week 2017 even bigger and better.
The Rail Week initiative is the brainchild of the professional networking association Young Rail Professionals, but needs organisations across the rail industry to now get involved.
Why get involved?
- Attracting talented and ambitious young people into rail is essential to meet the rail demands of the future.
- By working together as an industry we will create greater awareness among students, parents and teachers about the opportunities and great careers in rail.
- Rail Week will help challenge people’s perception of what it is to work in rail by showcasing the many different people, skills and roles in the industry which keeps passengers moving and allows us to deliver some of the most ambitious infrastructure projects around.
- Rail Week will help improve the public perception of rail by delivering an engaging coordinated campaign which shows the best of rail and the people who work in the industry.
We need you to:
- Get your company to sign our Rail Week 2017 – Pledge Letter and email to email@example.com
- Confirm you are supporting Rail Week through events, social media or content
- Host tours of your depots, factories, control centres, stations, etc.
- Badge any events/publicity you have in the diary for 9-15 October as part of the Rail Week campaign
- Volunteer your staff to promote rail in schools as Rail Week Ambassadors
Rail Week is going to be an incredible celebration of everything that is great about Rail and we look forward to counting you as one the supporters to make Rail Week an incredible success.